Ellegaard Pte Ltd is a Singapore company holding minority interests in a number of companies inside and outside Singapore, including a company listed on the First North NASDAQ alternative market platform in Denmark and a number of intellectual property-intensive start-ups in Singapore. The portfolio companies primarily operate in the fields of fintech, infrastructure, logistics and transportation and we provide these entities with ad hoc transaction services and facilitate corporate finance and legal advice for their benefit.
About the Role: We offer a unique opportunity to the right candidate to participate in a number of Singapore and cross-border business combination transactions as well as in contract management and compliance matters. This role will provide you with an insider’s perspective of how a corporate legal department functions. You will be involved in matters spanning over a number of different jurisdictions and play an important role in structuring M&A and investment transactions from their infancy to completion.
We envision you would commit for a period of minimum two months with about 30-40 hours per week. Flexible hours and remote work are possible to ensure that you can attend to your academic coursework, while still gaining relevant work experience from the perspective of an in-house professional.
Work Description: We would expect you to assist or lead efforts related to:
- Contract management, including drafting and proofreading templates and reviewing contract revisions
- M&A matters, such as drafting confidentiality agreements, term sheets, shareholders’ agreements and definitive documentation, building data rooms and constructing due diligence reports
- Performing due diligence, research, analysis, and documentation on live transactions
- Creating presentations for client portfolios
- Compliance matters, including preparing codes of conduct and privacy policies
- Legal research on Singapore and foreign law points
Requirements and Eligibility: You are expected to be:
- a third- or fourth-year law student or a graduate interested in an internship
- interested in corporate and business law and keen to expand your knowledge in related areas
- highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe PDF
- eligible to work in Singapore
It would be advantageous if you master Bahasa Indonesia and Malaysia, but this is not an essential requirement.