EDF, a world’s leading electricity company, is aiming at speeding up innovation for the cities of tomorrow with innovations in energy efficiency in buildings, new low carbon uses of energy, smart grids, renewable energy, electric mobility and batteries.
In Singapore, the R&D branch of EDF Group has launched EDF Lab Singapore in 2014 to explore and develop solutions to help decision makers and developers achieve their vision of smart and sustainable cities. Working with the Singaporean government (HDB) and local universities (NUS, SUTD, SIT, ESSEC), EDF Lab Singapore is rooting a strong expertise adapted to the Singaporean and South East Asian context.
EDF Lab Singapore is looking for a talented software development intern to work with our cross-disciplinary research team in developing smart city solutions.
Why EDF Lab Singapore?
- It is a world-renowned energy company, with an international network of over 2,000 researchers
- You are interested in smart and sustainable cities, social sustainability, urban mobility, and smart grids
- You like working with and applying innovative research to real-world applications
- You are constantly challenging yourself to bring positive impact to those around you
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health
- You enjoy working with a small, diverse, and flexible team
What You’ll Do
- You will help build innovative prototype applications. These could be back-end systems, webapps…it will be varied!
- You will work alongside one of our experienced developers. We work in a rigorous but flexible way. That means that we have coding standards and perform code reviews but are free to select the best appropriate tools and approaches.
- Able to work with the development team in an Agile framework, taking ownership of programming tasks.
- Collaborate in the development of:
- Data pipeline applications (web scraper, integration of data with ETL tools).
- Application containerization
- Unit Testing design and programming
We are looking for someone with:
- Familiar with Relational Databases, such as PostgreSQL.
- Comfortable with Linux environment and the command line.
- Basic data collection and processing skills.
- Familiar with Git collaboration tools.
- Knowledge of RESTful API or RPC will be a plus.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes will be a plus.
- Knowledge of TDD will be a plus
- Most importantly: an overall enthusiasm for, and interest in, experiencing and creating the digital future!
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.