Directions Group Inc is an integrated communications agency with leading expertise in marketing communications, public relations, events, content creation and brand strategy. Representing an elite spectrum of clients in the fields of luxury, fashion, retail, beauty, lifestyle, hospitality, F&B, art and design, Directions help our clients stand out with business-oriented strategy, nuanced creativity, and cutting edge digital campaigns, building brand equity and awareness that is culturally relevant and enduring.
- Gain a good understanding of the marketing communications function in the luxury market
- Daily media monitoring for assigned list of brands in all print, online and social media outlets
- Prepare and submit weekly or monthly updates and editorial reports to the marketing communications division
- Oversee the organisation of press showroom, including the monitoring of sample movements and maintenance of press showroom supplies
- Contribute to the management of seasonal press presentations, press events and/or gifting of celebrities, stylists, editors and other industry professionals whenever required
- Support a range of media relations and communications activities including market research, development of marketing plans or pitch proposals, drafting of press releases and marketing content, compilation and dissemination of press kits, follow up press calls, etc.
- Stay up-to-date with the industry and media developments; actively share any trending news, creative ideas and industry’s insights and best practices with the marketing communications division
- Support the daily operations within the marketing communications division on all necessary tasks including the maintenance of marketing library and updating of media database
- Provide support at other events, shows and personality fittings organized by the agency, whenever necessary
- Pursuing a Marketing or Communications diploma or degree preferred, but not a prerequisite
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, multi-task and manage time
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Takes initiative, enthusiastic to learn and likes a challenge
- Creative, energetic and passionate
- PC proficient, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task and handle routine tasks
- A team player that can work independently
Length of contract:
This internship is for a period of 6 months starting in Jul 2019. The internship will provide an insight to the luxury/fashion industry, as well as the opportunity to gain practical marketing communications experience in a fast-paced, dynamic agency environment.