Daimler Truck AG is a leading provider of global transportation solutions and our products are helping to power economic growth in over 170 countries around the world. We are one of the world’s largest commercial vehicle manufacturers, with more than 35 primary locations around the world and around 100,000 employees. We are excited about the direction we are leading the commercial vehicle industry from pioneering innovations of electrification, connectivity and digitisation of our products into the future. Daimler Commercial Vehicles South East Asia Pte. Ltd. (DCVSEA) is the Regional Center for Daimler’s commercial vehicle business in South East Asia and Southern Asia. Located in Singapore, our dynamic team oversees sales, marketing, customer services, as well as business development of the brands under our portfolio including Mercedes-Benz, FUSO and Bharat Benz.
We are seeking for a highly motivated individual to join us as a Business Development Intern and to work closely with the CEO’s office.
- Provide and report insights in markets, customer and product segments
- Competitor marketing intelligence
- Analyse and focus on Asia Pacific economic developments, regulations, political climate
- Screen the e-mobility and carbon neutral transportation system within the region
- Prepare and support in presentation of overall business KPI for price, volume, market share, and reporting
- Interact with sales & after sales, product, pricing, sales strategy and project management teams
- Drive and engage employees via social committee events
- Assist with other reasonable tasks as assigned
- Able to commit to a 5 day work week (Applicants to be on Leave of Absence from school during the internship)
- Undergraduate pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Economics (or related degrees)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerBI, Dashboard applications would be preferred
- Proficient in setting up Google Alerts/ News feeds for competitor monitoring
- Knowledge and interest in Asia Pacific business is a plus
- Passionate about the Automotive industry and leading trends (e.g. e-mobility)
- Basic project management skills
- Strong proficiency in English (additional language skills is a plus)
- Strong team player with high ethical standards
- Ability to perform tasks independently
- Strong numeracy, analytical & reporting skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.