Cudy is an education technology (“edtech”) startup headquartered in Singapore with operations in South East Asia.
To conceptualise the new generation of virtual learning for mass adoption.
To be the leading online aggregator and provider of online classes through bridging the gap between online and offline classes.
A team of young evangelists committed to empowering students and educators through adopting a strong work ethic and implementing creative solutions to a produce a suite of products and services with the aim to democratize education.
We believe in cultivating a flexible and lean working culture. Our Peer-to-peer mentorship initiatives and having a flat organisational structure helps interns adapt quickly and learn effectively. The company’s focus is centred on creating the most value for our stakeholders by adopting a user-centric approach to value-creation, being resourceful in how we provide value through our products and services and taking ownership and accountability in what we do.
Cudy headquarters is currently located in the centre of Singapore's downtown core at Singapore Management University's co-working office managed by the Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship. You can locate us at 60 Stamford Road, Singapore 178900. Linked directly to Bras Basah MRT and 5 minutes walk from Dhoby Ghaut MRT. 1 minute walk to Koufu and 3 minutes walk to Food Republic.
Education Business Development (Full-time / Part-time / Internship)
Cudy to aggressively acquiring new students and tutors. We plan to increase the growth activities (user acquisition) for our services targeting tuition centres; tuition agencies; freelance tutors. We are looking for negotiators who are very focused, goal-oriented and great at research. If you’re looking to build research skills and be exposed to how a startup company’s sales engine works, this could be the perfect role for you!
What you will learn:
- Identify business opportunities, structure proposals and close deals
- Be exposed to the art of maintaining fruitful relationships with clients
- Be entrusted to find new businesses, deal with assigned prospects and given accounts to manage
- Gain insights into how you can make sense of your financial analysis and budgeting, and translating it into your team's overall business strategies
- Client discovery and on-boarding for tuition centres
- Plan and organise events and workshops for users
- Manage social media channels
- Chat group community manager
- Establish and manage relationships with customers
- Support customers in the on-boarding process
- Conduct customer discovery activities with potential/new/existing clients and customers
- Communications with clients and customers
- Generating leads and following up with education centre clients
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience, persuasive and possess great listening skills
- Excellent command of English, Proficiency in Mandarin is a bonus
- Possess basic computer skills and excel.
- Customer orientated with a meticulous and orderly approach to work
- Preferably sales/business development experience in a startup
- Preferably able to start work immediately
- Singaporean/PR only