CrescentRating, along with its sister brand HalalTrip are re-defining the Muslim travel market space. Embracing new technology to innovate and enhance the experience of Muslim travelers is a key ongoing focus for the company as the Halal tourism sector becomes more sophisticated and tech savvy.
The role of the Research Assistant is to support the CrescentRating research team in the development of market reports and conducting various research projects. This may include the collection and collation of quantitative and qualitative data, data analysis (using appropriate methodology), conducting literature searches, screening, data extraction and providing summaries. The Research Assistant is also responsible for assisting in generating sales and leads for research and consultancy products as well as providing support to the creation of CrescentRating’s business intelligence platform.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to CrescentRating research team in conducting various research on the Halal travel ecosystem and the Muslim Travel Market.
- Design, develop and disseminate appropriate quantitative surveys and conducting desk-based research where appropriate
- Collect, collate, analyze and translate quantitative results into intuitive and business-friendly reporting using a variety of approaches and methodologies
- Assist in the preparation of reports and working closely with graphic designer to develop infographics and report
- Responsible for writing SEO friendly articles for CrescentRating’s online magazine on newly released reports with a business audience in mind
- Serve as the first level support and contact point to clients for information regarding research and consultancy products and services
- Prepare proposals for research and consultancy products for prospective clients
- Establish good relationships and develop new business within existing accounts
- Assist in CrescentRating and HalalTrip in other duties as required
- Experienced in quantitative market research is an added advantage
- A passion for the industry and staying on top of travel trends
- Willing to travel to field sites for research projects when required
- Possess strong communication and business writing skills
- Creative, analytical, comfortable with data and numbers.