Coty is one of the world’s largest beauty companies with an iconic portfolio of brands across fragrance, color cosmetics, skincare, and body care. COTY is the global leader in fragrance and number three in color cosmetics. COTY’s products are sold in over 150 countries around the world. COTY and its brands are committed to a range of social causes as well as seek to minimize its impact on the environment. For additional information about Coty Inc., please visit www.coty.com.
ROLE AND DEPARTMENT
About the Role…FP&A Intern is a co-pilot role within the Travel Retail Finance function. The intern would be closely partnering with the finance team and the multi-functional team spread across the region. The incumbent will get exposure to working across functions and markets in an exciting and fast-paced environment of the duty-free world.
This role will assist with all end-to-end planning, reporting and analysis activities for the Cluster to deliver a high standard of reporting and analytical support to the business. Support includes financial, business and market analysis and special projects as required.
In this role you will be responsible for:
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Assist to manage Travel Retail Asia Pacific’s end-to-end planning, reporting and analysis activities
- Help in management reporting processes and the preparation and development of reports for Business Analysis and Operations
- Prepare reports and tools to assess and analyse monthly and quarterly business performance
- Ensure consistency in quality and quicker turnaround time for reporting
- Support the Travel Retail Asia Pacific CFO and Controller in constantly interrogating results versus plan, and the latest forecasts to ensure financial commitments are delivered.
Budgeting and reporting
- Assist the Brand Finance Controller with Budget management and tracking
- Prepare and provide meaningful financial management information and reports including:
- Customer profitability
- Brand and house profitability
- Monthly supplementary statistical reporting
- Daily sales
- Ensure reports are submitted in a timely fashion, completely and accurately, in particular the Monthly Business Update (MBU), Weekly Flash updates and Annual Plan.
- Provide advanced modelling and analysis of data and reports as required by key stakeholders across the business including the Marketing Category teams, Business development and Corporate
- Lead and/or participate in ad-hoc projects as required
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- Able to commit for at least 6 months (Jul to Dec 2023) for a full-time internship.
- Skilled in the use of MS Office tools including Outlook (or related email tool) Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Self-Motivated, with a strong work ethic and a sense of confidentiality.
- Possesses cross-cultural awareness and high emotional intelligence.
- Articulate, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good balance of a professional attitude while having fun.
- Strong interest in consumer goods, makeup and beauty products.
- Strong desire to learn along with a strong sense of ownership.
- Persuasive, resilient and flexible, able to easily adapt to new challenges.
- Passionate, enthusiastic and driven to regularly follow-up with loose ends.
- Able to thrive despite challenges while adopting a positive attitude under pressure.
- Under Graduates with Finance/Accounting as major and interest towards FMCG/Luxury
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Well versed with SAP, Introduction to Hyperion preferred
- Planning, organizing and coordinating – able to plan and coordinate efforts both within areas of functional responsibility and across divisions and geographies.
- Analytical capability – strong analytical capabilities with a solid understanding of key business drivers and ability to add value to the decision-making processes of the business through high level, strategic analysis and insights
- Leadership – able to lead by example, inspire, motivate, engage, and drive results through others ensuring alignment to organisational priorities, goals and targets
- Presentation skills – ability to present and communicate with confidence.
- Influencing skills – able to demonstrate above average negotiation and relationship building capabilities.
- Change leader – able to embrace and accelerate change in a fast-paced environment and pioneer new ideas and approaches
- Understanding of interlinkage of financial systems
- Basics of role as a Financial Planning and Analysis Professional
- Role of Finance as business partners and custodians of the company