- CIO Network Pte Ltd
- Date Listed
- 16 Apr 2018
- Job Type
- Freelance / Project, Internship / Contract, Part-time / Temporary ( Entry Level / Junior Executive )
- Job Period
- Immediate Start, For At Least 6 Months
205 Henderson Road, #05-02A, Singapore 159549
- Allowance /
- $500 - 800 monthly
- Editorial / Linguist / Writing
- Information and Communications Technology
- Company Profile
OpenGov is team of conference professionals with over 20 years combined events experience with the last five years dedicated solely to Public Sector in Asia, Australia and New Zealand. We created a team which revolutionized the traditional conference platform and turned our events into real time knowledge sharing discussion tables 5 years ago and won the Best CEO Level Conference in Asia Conference Award the subsequent year. Having spoken to over 500 Government IT officials this year alone, we have detailed the challenges Government CIOs face today and have embarked on a journey with them to bring them the solutions, best practice examples for their departments and help build the bridges for the gaps they encounter on their way.
OpenGov organises a variety of customized events from small training seminars, large scale conferences to industry exhibitions with specific focus on Government - which comprises of Public Sector, Healthcare and Education. Yes it is true, when we incorporate Healthcare and Education - we go agnostic - we bring in the private sector too.
We offer international exposure, an excellent salary and the opportunity to work on some of the most-regarded conferences in the industry.
OpenGov is the Proud Winner of:
- A Rotary Singapore-ASME Award – Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017
- MPAS Award - Event of The Year 2017
- Sparks’s Award - Best Event of The Year by Media Owner 2017
- TIAS President's Award 2015/2016
- SMEs Asia Awards 2015/2016
- Job Description
With a rapidly growing readership, the OpenGov editorial team is looking for journalist with an interest in technology and/or public policy.
As part of the editorial team, you will be expected to create quality content, conduct interviews, and support editorial initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms.
You are preferably a digital native with basic knowledge of new/social media and how best to use different platforms and techniques for maximum readership.
You will also have to support the events arm of OpenGov in the form of content and post-event coverage.
You are expected to be a quick learner who is detail-oriented, proactive and able to work well independently and under pressure.
Skills and Experience
- Open to all disciplines but preferably trained in one of the following areas: journalism, technology, public policy, communications
- Interest and knowledge in technology and/ or public policy
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Excellent command of English. Proficiency in other regional language an asset
- Experience building relationships and syndicating content with third party resources
- Articulate, creative thinker and problem solver
- Experience managing media relations agencies
- Must be comfortable engaging with senior executives
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- High attention to detail and the ability to audit his/her team’s work for accuracy and quality
- Presentable and confident
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit team and deliver against tight deadlines
- A professional with a responsible attitude to work
- Enthusiastic attitude to all parties and a deep desire to manage by the numbers
- Content creation: contribute editorial content for digital platform: conduct research in timely manner and produce quality and engaging content
- Social media management: repurpose content for digital assets on social media channels and engage target audience
- Research and monitor regional technology trends
- Monitor and analyse the performance of the digital platform and make recommendations for improvements
- Generate creative ideas to optimise content and readership
- Conduct in-depth research and interviews with top Government leaders and IT experts