Founded in Singapore in 2004, Akribis Systems is a motion control company that provides high precision direct drive motors. We construct products for a range of industries including renewable energy, semiconductor, communication, biomedical, robotics or any industry that requires precise motion.
We produce direct drive motors with a high force density and patented coil design that decreases cogging. Our linear and rotary motors also are available with stages that we manufacture ourselves so you can smoothly integrate the motor into your design.
More than simply a manufacturer, we are also innovators. Our deep knowledge of engineering and dedication to the work has resulted in 44 patents, and our research and development into the field of magnetics will only continue to grow our business. Our engineers are able to custom design motors and stages to your specific requirements with you as a co-developer.
Today, we have two production factories and numerous sales and support offices across the globe. At Akribis Systems, precision matters.
- Responsible for leading mechanical development of advanced precision and ultraprecision motion systems (either new standard product development or build-to-spec projects)
- Establish and document functional requirements for the product under development
- Carry out first-order calculations and/or simulations to compare competing design concepts/architectures durign concept selection phase
- Present technical concept proposal, supported by first-order calculation results, to achieve buy-in from key stakeholders (management, potential customers, etc.) -- Preliminary Design Review (PDR)
- Carry out detailed design including structural component design, sensor and actuator selection, assembly plan, etc
- Validate design through FEA and/or other engineering calculations (e.g. tolerance stackup analysis)
- Generate and maintain detailed bill of materials
- Prepare fabrication drawings, assembly drawings
- Present detailed design and supporting simulations/calculations for review by key stakeholders -- Critical Design Review (CDR)
- Release drawings for fabrication and assembly, providing engineering support when needed
- Collaborate with project manager to ensure projects run on-schedule and within budget
- Hands-on assembly and testing of prototype, including performance characterization with precison measuring equipment
- Regularly update customer and internal stakeholders on project progress
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent, preferably in mechanical engineering, mechatronics engineering, aerospace engineering, physics and/or any other relevant course of study.
- Advanced degrees (Master's, PhD, EngD, etc.) in a relevant field are preferred.
- At least 4 years of working experience in precision machine design (e.g. semiconductor equipment, machine tools, advanced packaging equipment) and/or related field/industry is required for this position.
- At least 2 year of experience leading mechanical development projects from initial concept to prototype delivery.
- Experience/knowledge in mechatronics and controls engineering, to broaden scope as a mechanical design engineer, is an advantage.
- Applicants without experience but with good learning ability and demonstrated experience in precision machine design (e.g. from graduate-level research, internships, coursework, etc.) are welcome to apply.
- Understanding of precision machine design principles (stiffness, kinematics, dynamics, exact constraint principles, resonance frequency, vibration control, etc.)
- Knowledge in lightweight structure design, flexure design, etc
- Familiarity with precision motion system components (linear bearings, optical encoders, linear motors, etc.)
- Familiarity with precision measurement equipment (laser interferometers, autocollimators, LVDT, etc.)- Error budgeting- 3D CAD (Solidworks)
- FEA (ANSYS Mechanical, Static Structural, Modal, Harmonic Response, Transient, Thermal, etc.)
- BOM management
- Prepare and conduct design reviews at project milestones (PDR, CDR, POD, ATP)
- Strong project management and coordination capability
- Strong sense of accountability to drive the assigned project towards success
- Ability to mentor and guide junior engineers
- Ability to coordinate and focus efforts from a multi-disciplinary project team towards a common goal
- Good hands-on skill and willingness to assemble, test, and debug prototype stages
- Openness to collaborate with teammates from different engineering disciplines (controls, electrical engineering, etc.) to come up with designs that are optimal from a multidisciplinary perspective
- Flexibility to adapt rapidly to shifting commercial and technical needs
- OT Pay
- Flexi Benefits
- 5-days work week (8.30am to 6pm)