Founded in Singapore in 2004, Akribis Systems is a motion control company that provides high precision direct drive motors. We construct products for a range of industries including renewable energy, semiconductor, communication, biomedical, robotics or any industry that requires precise motion.
We produce direct drive motors with a high force density and patented coil design that decreases cogging. Our linear and rotary motors also are available with stages that we manufacture ourselves so you can smoothly integrate the motor into your design.
More than simply a manufacturer, we are also innovators. Our deep knowledge of engineering and dedication to the work has resulted in 44 patents, and our research and development into the field of magnetics will only continue to grow our business. Our engineers are able to custom design motors and stages to your specific requirements with you as a co-developer.
Today, we have two production factories and numerous sales and support offices across the globe. At Akribis Systems, precision matters.
Department Overview (Short Write-up):
Design and build custom automation machines for the manufacturing industry.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for purchase of machining parts, sheet-metal and structures etc.
- Drive design-for-manufacturing improvements.
- Trace material delivery throughout the development face to meet project timeline. He/She should be comfortable engaging and interacting with vendors and other external parties, to fulfil his/her responsibilities in coordinating vendor selection processes, maintaining vendor contract records and databases, and following up on vendors' deliverables.
- Assist in day to day materials deliveries schedule.
- Develop Procurement strategy and advise on suitability and source for comparable alternatives.
- Sources for new and alternative suppliers to support direct materials/equipment/tools from Singapore and overseas.
- Manage purchasing cycle including request for quotation, PO creation, PO follow up, supplier billing and purchase forecasting
- Identifies and initiates actions to prevent non-conformity relating to internal process and quality system.
- Direct hands-on and working on price and Terms and Conditions negotiation with suppliers, vendors and contractors
- Plan, execute, and analyze materials requirements and reschedule plan, highlight raw material issues or delays to production.
- Monitor, review and work to maintain optimum material inventory and safety inventory level.
- Manage raw materials obsolescence, slow moving stock and excess inventory for disposition
- Ensure Approved Vendor List (AVL) is maintained
- Ensure vendor performance is controlled
- Perform ad hoc duties as requested
- Ability to work independently and a good team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Clarify bid queries with vendors
- Highlight sourcing issues for management's action
- Maintain procurement database and documentation
- Maintain sourcing documentationin the procurement management system
- Process payments to vendors
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree, preferrably in Mechanical Engineering and/or any other relevant course of study.
- Engineering experience in mechanical or electromechanical hardware manufacturing processes.Basic knowledge of industry standards and specifications.
- Preferably with 5 Year(s) of working experience in Manufacturing/Metal Fabrication and/or any other related field/industry is required for this position.
- Engineering experience in mechanical or electromechanical hardware manufacturing processes.
- Good problem solving skills. Analytical and meticulous.
- Team player. Willing to undertake new tasks. Eager to change for the better. Think out of the box to improve processes.