At Write Edge, we specialise in providing high-quality English and Writing tuition classes for Primary and Secondary school students in Singapore.
The English enrichment centre was founded in 2014 with a vision to deliver exceptionally effective lessons that help to build a strong foundation in the English language and nurture writing skills in young students.
From just 12 students and 1 branch in Lorong Ah Soo, Singapore, Write Edge has since expanded to 8 physical branches and has online presence in both Singapore and Malaysia.
With decades of combined teaching, curriculum and education management experience, we’ve got a well-seasoned team at the helm. We work very hard to help our students have the best experience at Write Edge and take great pride in what we do.
Our Vision: To be Singapore's Leading English and Writing Enrichment Specialist
Our Mission: To make the Mastery of English and Writing possible for every student
We are looking for like-minded individuals - people who are passionate, disciplined and focused - to join our mission to become Singapore's leading English and Writing Specialist.
Are you a driven, resourceful, committed, creative and independent individual? Join us as a Specialist English and Writing Teacher and Curriculum Lead (for Secondary School Curriculum) for a fruitful and hands-on experience!
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and overseeing the secondary curriculum at our enrichment centre while also driving strategic initiatives to increase student enrolment and promote growth. This position requires a strong background in curriculum development, excellent leadership skills, and a strategic mindset to achieve organisational goals, Only Singaporeans may apply.
As a Specialist English and Writing Teacher and Curriculum Lead (for Secondary School Curriculum), you will:
- Teach up to 5 classes a week
- Be part for the Secondary School Curriculum Team
Reporting to the Curriculum Director, the Curriculum Lead responsibilities are:
Curriculum Development and Management:
- Oversee overall development of the Secondary English Mastery programme that is comprehensive, engaging and aligned with national standards and educational best practices to drive learning experience excellence
- Coordinate and lead on the delivery of programme changes to address student needs, ensuring successful enrolment, retention, achievement and progression of all learners
- Regularly review and update curriculum materials to reflect current trends and advancements in secondary education.
- Monitor curriculum implementation, assess student progress, and provide guidance to teaching staff on instructional strategies.
- Ensure the quality and effectiveness of the secondary curriculum through ongoing evaluation and assessment.
- Implement assessment and feedback strategies to measure student learning outcomes, track progress and overall effectiveness and engagement of curriculum.
- Analyse assessment and feedback data to identify areas of improvement and implement necessary adjustments to the curriculum and teaching practices.
- Help in creation and vetting of curriculum materials
Strategic Planning and Growth Initiatives:
- Develop and implement strategic plans to drive growth in secondary student enrollment and market presence.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify opportunities and trends in the education sector.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop effective strategies and campaigns to attract and retain secondary students.
- Establish partnerships and collaborations with schools, community organisations, and other stakeholders to promote our enrichment centre.
Teacher Training & Support:
- Provide support and guidance to the Teacher Development Team in ensuring teachers are familiar with the Secondary programme
- Leading and conducting training sessions for Secondary teachers related to the Secondary programme
- Recommend best practices and systems to teachers to enhance Secondary English teaching techniques and quality
Curriculum Leadership and Staff Development:
- Provide day-to-day leadership and guidance to the secondary curriculum team, including conducting personal development reviews
- Provide clear guidance, feedback, and support to ensure the team produces high-quality and engaging curriculum materials
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement among the curriculum team
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders within the company to achieve alignment in the execution, delivery and marketing of the Secondary programme
- Bachelor's Degree in English Language or literature, education or a related field
- At least 3 years of teaching experience, with a focus on Secondary English Language education
- Strong knowledge of the Singaporean secondary school English syllabus
- Possess good IT skills and knowledge, proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and Google Workspace
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver lesson plans within deadline that engage students
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in curriculum development and/or teacher training is a plus
- Experience with technology-enhanced learning is a plus
We are looking for someone who can:
- Lead and manage the Secondary curriculum team
- Work closely and maintain good relationships with other departments and functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize needs
- Outstanding work ethic
- Motivated and dedicated self-starter
- Problem-solving skills
- Agile mindset and learning agility
At Write Edge, we look for staff who have
- A growth mind-set
- Ability to take feedback
- Stamina for hard work (ie. good learning attitude)
- Aptitude for teaching and nurturing towards kids
Location(s): Tampines Plaza 1 HQ, Allocated Branch for Classes
Contract Type: Full-Time
5-day work week (inclusive of 1 weekend)
Weekdays: 9am - 6pm (2 days) & 1pm - 10pm (2 days)
Weekend: 830am - 630pm
Read more about how it is like to work at Write Edge here: https://tinyurl.com/WEglassdoor
Related Job Searches:
Specialist English and Writing Teacher and Curriculum Lead (for Secondary School Curriculum)
Education / Training
Public Service / Education / Publishing