V-Flow Tech (VFT) is a startup based out of Singapore, which has developed and deployed Vanadium Redox Flow Batteries (VRB) for various applications. Currently, VFlowTech offers two standard systems of 5 kW/30 kWh (6-hour) and 10 kW/100 kWh (10-hour) which are designed for telecom tower backup and microgrid applications. They are also developing larger systems of 125 kW / 250 kWh for emergency backup and renewable storage applications. Currently, there are only few other companies offering VRB solutions in this relatively small system size, which gives VFT a unique advantage for catering to the mentioned applications.
Roles & Responsibilities
- We are developing flow battery which requires design of multiple mechanical components and perform flow simulations, structural analysis, load calculation, etc. The selected candidate will work on these areas.
- You will be involved on various everyday activities such as, sourcing and procurement of different mechanical and electrical components, writing reports, perform experiments, etc.
Learning Outcomes & Objectives
- Learning on flow batteries and their value chain.
- Design of various components used in flow batteries
-Learn to source mechanical and electrical components for local and overseas supplier
- Learn to negotiate on the quality and price
-Lear to work in the laboratory environment
- Currently enrolled in bachelor or master’s in mechanical engineering.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Committed and self-motivated, a life-learner and good team player, able to work with minimum supervision in a dynamic environment.
- Must be proficient in 3D cad preferable Solidworks
- Good knowledge in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD &T)