Since October 2011, Thye Hua Kwan Moral Charities (THKMC) was incorporated as a charity with an IPC status to provide multiple social and welfare services to the community at large.
THKMC provides assistance to the various groups in our community through more than 60 programmes and services for the elderly and the sick, families, persons with disabilities, and children. We help anyone in need with full respect to their race, colour, creed, language, culture and religion. We have more than 90 programmes and services, reaching out to more than 55,000 people in the community.
Together, as ONETHK – Empowering the Community.
Teacher Aide (Tampines)
The Early Intervention for Children (EIC) Services helps equip children with motor, communication, social, self-help and cognitive skills. THK EIC involves structuring classes around small groups encompassing early childhood special education, social work and therapy support services to stimulate their adaptive functioning and school readiness skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Lead Teacher in classroom and engagement of children
- Conduct small group activities when required e.g. routines such as CIrcle Time
- Assist Lead Teacher in carrying out therapeutic interventions as instructed
- Ensure that students are well supervised during contact time in the centre
- Brainstorm and plan activities to support students' learning
- Preparing teaching resources
- Support students' toileting needs
- Receive and discharge the students before and after classes
- Take class attendance and compute attendance summary
- Conduct health and temperature checks
- Maintain a clean, tidy, safe and conducive learning environment
- Maintain good communication with parents
- Assist in filing of documents
- Attend transdisciplinary team meetings, workshops, in-service training and sharing sessions
- Any other duties as assigned
- GCE 'N' / 'O' / 'A' Level / NITEC / Higher NITEC in non-related discipline
- Experience working with young children preferred, fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Patience, and passionate to work with children
- Good communication skills, team player and pro-active
Click here (https://youtu.be/LZEqoBOeLTw) to find out what our Teachers have to say!