- The Skeptical Chemist
- SEO / Digital Marketing Intern
- Date Listed
- 06 Dec 2018
- Job Type
- Internship / Contract ( Entry Level / Junior Executive )
- Job Period
- Immediate Start, For At Least 2 Months
Singapore-based, but position is a remote role.
- Allowance /
- $300 - 600 (project based)
- Marketing / Public Relations
- Creative / Media
- Company Profile
The Skeptical Chemist was established in March 2017 as a web-based platform for science communication. We publish articles and tutorials that we hope will empower readers with insightful knowledge while promoting evidence-based science.
- Job Description
The SEO and Digital Outreach Intern will have the main responsibility of planning, initiating and maintaining the site's SEO project, reporting directly to our Chief Editor.
- Planning and initiating of the company's SEO strategy, including establishing standard work flows and best practices to boost SEO performance
- Drive traffic to the site with relevant and effective advertising
- Establish contact and liaise with publishing platforms
- Work with writing team to recommend best approaches to SEO-friendly writing
- Currently pursuing a degree in marketing/advertising, literature/journalism, science or engineering
- Competent with analytics and SEO software, including (but not limited to) Google Analytics, Google Search Console, MailChimp, Yoast, SERPStash
- Knowledge of WordPress platform is a plus
- Passionate about science-based thinking and science communication
Note that this is a remote part-time role, with phone/Skype/face-to-face meetings at least once a week.
Please apply for this position by submitting your text CV using InternSG.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.