About The Red Pencil
The Red Pencil is an international humanitarian organization founded in Singapore which brings the healing power of arts therapy (drawing, music, movement and dance) to children, adults and families who have been through overwhelming and traumatic life circumstances such as natural disaster, displacement as a result of conflict zones, human trafficking, life-threatening disease, violence and abuse, for which they may have no words.
The creative process of arts therapy allows our beneficiaries to express the unspeakable, to experience release and relief, to find new resources, gain self-confidence and feel empowered to move on towards a more hopeful and happier life. At The Red Pencil, we are dedicated to the resilience and long-term recovery of the most vulnerable from all walks of life, to allow them to grow and become healthy and happy human beings for the world of tomorrow.
The Red Pencil has conducted missions with local NGOs and established international humanitarian organizations globally to offer and incorporate arts therapy as part of their existing psychosocial support to the largest number of children and families. Our resources draw from a pool of 1,500 volunteer arts therapists worldwide.
Through arts therapy, The Red Pencil helps break the vicious cycles of helplessness and violence, reduces stress and trauma and offers a way of expression towards balance, self-empowerment and resilience. Anyone, anywhere, at any stage in their life, can benefit from arts therapy.
Part-time Marketing and Communications Intern
About the internship
As a MarComs intern at the Red Pencil (Singapore), you will provide support for the Marketing and Communications department, which also include all Monitoring & Evaluation activities.
You will be part of a small yet cohesive team and will be therefore given a wide array of responsibilities (from assisting with strategic planning to execution and administrative duties) and tasks, depending on our needs and your own skills and interests.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain a good understanding and experience in the non-profit sector.
What you can expect to do
- Assist with producing (visual design and copywriting) our main communications collaterals, both online (social media posts, infographics…) and offline (annual reports, newsletters, flyers…);
- Assist with data entry, processing and compilation for our M&E reports;
- Research latest trends in marketing and communications to ensure that our practises and collaterals stay relevant and current;
- Identify global arts therapy associations and establish contacts;
- Help organise events (planning, logistics, advertising…);
- Be in touch with vendors when needed for our collaterals;
- Other administrative duties as necessary.
What we are looking for from you
- Diploma or degree in Marketing/Communications, Visual/Graphic Design, Fine Arts, other related field. Undergraduates are welcome to apply.
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize; team-player; proactive and autonomous; and last but not least—creative!
- Bonus skills: photography, video editing, motion graphics/animation, HTML
- Interest and enthusiasm for working in the non-profit sector;
We value open-minded, cheerful individuals with a positive attitude so this description sounds a lot like, you please do apply