The Lo & Behold Group is a hospitality company that creates, owns and operates a series of timeless, thoughtful concepts, each with a unique story and a distinct perspective on the cultural-culinary landscape of the time. While each has a language of its own, the properties are united by a carefully considered sense of place, purpose, pioneering design and above all, a commitment to the most awesome experiences for all who walk through our doors - employees, partners and customers alike.
The Talent Experience team provides sound advice to venue leaders, builds relationships and focuses on aligning the company’s mission and values, with business units under his/her charge. Acting as an employee champion and change agent, the role assesses and anticipates all our talent resources related needs.
This position owns the daily talent resource administrative and strategic tasks to deliver value-added service to venue leaders and employees that reflects the business objectives of the company. This team is responsible for maintaining an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s performance, its midrange plans, and its culture.
You’ll be in-charge of:
Talent Operations – Administrative Portfolio
- Own and manages the daily administrative transactions for onboarding of new hires, employee movements (transfers, attachments, promotions).
- Own and manages the daily administrative transactions for off boarding of employees according to established policies, procedures and approval flows, within prescribed timelines.
- Update internal payroll processes, making suitable recommendations to streamline and re-engineer daily payroll operations to match industry best practices with the use of relevant technology to help the process.
- Responsible for monthly payroll processing including submissions for statutory payments (CPF, income tax, levy etc) for at least 3 or more venues.
- Prepare monthly payroll and incentive reports for Finance and key venue and HQ leaders.
- Administer Employee Benefits, Expense and Learning reimbursements
- Apply, monitor and manage government applications which relates to the employment/work (Employment Pass, S-Pass, Work-Pass authorisations, government grant submissions etc).
- Organize, update and maintain employees’ data in relevant talent resource systems outside of the employee self-service tasks (eg. Certifications, leave/absence management, compensation and data changes).
- Ensure timely completion of government filings and appropriate response to related inquiries.
- Monitor new and proposed legislation or regulatory requirements at the national level, evaluate impact on the organisation’s benefits programs, policies and practices and present findings to the talent team and management.
- Manage confidential employee and compensation data in a professional manner and according to statutory regulations.
- Own and drive all group level Insurance related matters – ie. Workmen Compensation, Group inpatient & Outpatient Insurance coordination.
Talent Representative – Talent Experience Portfolio
- Acting as a single point of the contact for the employees and managers for smaller scale venue concepts.
- Proactively supporting the delivery of HR processes at venue level.
- Building strong relationships with the respective team at the venue.
- Actively identifying gaps, proposing and implementing changes necessary to cover risks.
- Acting as the performance improvement driver and instils a positive mindset and energy to his/her venue.
- Providing advice and be part of working out the solutions with his/her venue leaders and/or managers on key talent resource issues including performance management, disciplinary and grievances and employment terms and conditions recommendations.
Talent Technology and Information Systems
- Assist in monitoring and tracking of all business processes which requires approval within the Company’s designated systems and processes.
- Support the team in documenting business procedures/workflows to ensure system features are being fully utilized. This includes ensuring rosters and leave applications are correctly accounted for within the Company’s dedicated systems.
- Create and ensure all required job specific technology set-up is in place for a new hire and ensure that the relevant access rights are removed with each employee’s departure.
- Supports talent resources system upgrade implementation and training.
- Supports the Talent team managers with administrative and/or research duties for new concept projects and/or expansion plans within the company.
- Assist and support the Talent team managers and CTO with ad-hoc new projects as and when required.
Who you are:
- Preferably has done a HR related internship focusing on human resources administrative, payroll processing and/or business partnering experience. Experience within Tourism and/or Hospitality is an added advantage.
- Ideally have at least a Diploma in Human Resource Management/HR related discipline (not essential) or with a hospitality related discipline.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Comfortable in drafting letter templates and announcements and is proficient in English.
- Strong planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Strong in business acumen and knowledgeable in local HR legislations and regulations
- Able to work under pressure with a good sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.