As a non-profit organization, Textile and Fashion Federation (TaFF) is a trade association that aims to bring together leaders from across multiple sectors to bolster the fashion industry both in Singapore as well as internationally. TaFF actively works to develop the entire industry to position Singapore as an innovative fashion hub in Southeast Asia, centered in Technology & Innovation, Sustainability and Asian Craftsmanship.
Overview of the Design Resource Development Internship
This internship will be with Textile and Fashion Federation’s Design Resource Development department, and supervised by the Director of Design Resource Development. This department works to increase accessibility and lower barriers to entry to global fashion resources, for interested micro- and small enterprises in the local and regional fashion industry. To help these enterprises, TaFF uses its position as a trade association to collectively partner with vendors/consultants/businesses to provide opportunities, programs, and collective discounts and prices.
• To assist and support with resource development for TaFF
• To help maintain physical resources and records for the resource development department
• To assist and support relevant events at TaFF
• To track the progress of resource relationships, and to assist follow-ups as necessary
• To assist with resource information sessions
• To help as an adjunct intern with TBFI, as required
Intern Tasks and Deliverables:
• Manage the inflow and outflow of physical resources housed at the Resource Wall
o Fabric Library: Track and manage inventory (including labelling and paperwork for each company
represented) of all items in the compactors at the Resource Wall.
o Book Library: Track and renew all loans, and alert team when book turnover is required. Manage
layout and periodically spot-check inventory of book loans at Resource Wall.
• File, archive, and keep updated all agreements and contracts made with resource partners
• File and manage all contacts and namecards (working with internal database)
• Maintain and manage a digital archive of all documents and collaterals relevant to department
• Assist in the preparation of documents, emails, presentations as necessary
• Provide physical and planning support for relevant events
• Help to plan and prepare for resource info sessions, including event support
• Help to plan and prepare EDMs (working w graphic designer if necessary) for resource development
Skills and Qualifications:
• Must be fluent in English and possess good reading, comprehension, and writing skills
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities and operate independently
• Must have strong communication and collaboration skills and extremely organized with strong project management skills
• Must have Microsoft office proficiency (including Word, Excel, Ppt)
• Graphic design and proficiency with Adobe Illustrator a plus
The ideal candidate would:
• Be a team player
• Show initiative and be meticulous in work
• Communicate effectively and efficiently
• Have a positive attitude and embrace challenges in a start-up environment