Temasek Lifesciences Accelerator(TLA), a joint venture between Temasek Lifesciences Laboratory and Vertex Venture Holdings Ltd, is a company that aims to incubate, nurture and grow life sciences innovations into early stage companies within its go-to life sciences incubator.
At Temasek Life Sciences Accelerator (TLA), we aim to become the foremost “Go-To” incubator for life sciences in Singapore. To achieve our mission, we offer an attractive incubator support program to early stage companies in Singapore by providing timely and relevant market research, combined with business networking expertise to incubates.
TLA's distinctive differentiation for its incubation program lies in its unique sectoral focus in agri-food tech, synthetic biology as well as human and veterinary sciences.
Join our journey for bringing life to innovation.
Operation Executive -Investment / Market Research (Intern or Young Professional)
To expand our reach and impact, we are looking for a self-starter and go-getter to join us as an integral part of our competent and dynamic team. You will work within a collaborative team environment and expect an open and award-winning culture.
The role is in large part research focused, you will be given the opportunity to learn about:
- Research potential investments that will likely require market mapping, including target list building (competition/investors/start-up landscaping).
- Evaluation process for new investment that will include an assessment of opportunities and risk factors as well as financial analysis.
- Market analysis that will include evaluation of the market size, key development, products, business models, regulatory changes and the competitive landscape.
- Support Investment process, especially around market and competitor due diligence.
- Data entry & clean-up (for contract lists).
- Other ad-hoc duty as assigned by the supervisor.
The person we are looking for
- Analytical, creative and rigorous thinkers: You are a detail-oriented, structured and flexible problem solver. You can synthesize diverse streams of information and switch comfortably between academic and real-world thinking.
- Roll-up-your-sleeves executers: You are comfortable with engaging in new and nebulous projects. Comfortable with proposing an approach upfront while constantly refining along the way.
- Team players: You collaborate well with the team members and inspire others with your ideas.
- Diligent, detail-oriented with a positive attitude.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to take instruction and direction and deliver work timely and accurately.
- A self-starter and fast learner who is able to multi-task.
We are happy to consider team members with following exposure:
- The Intern should have working knowledge of the principles of asset valuation, the investment acquisition process, and market analysis. University Students from faculty of business or Finance will be preferable.
- Young professional with at least one-year relevant work experience
- Someone who has deep intellectual curiosity and an interest/passion in investment and start-ups.
Intern: Flexible work arrangement, able to commit for 3 months during school holiday,
May ~July 2018
Young Professional: Full time, Monday~Friday,8:30am~18:00pm.