- Quadrant Protocol
- Data Science Intern
- Date Listed
- 07 Nov 2018
- Job Type
- Internship / Contract ( Entry Level / Junior Executive )
- Job Period
- From 14 Jan 2019 - 29 Jun 2019
20-13, Eon Shenton, 70 Shenton Way, Singapore 079118
- Allowance /
- $800 - 1,500 monthly
- Information Technology
- Information and Communications Technology
- Company Profile
Quadrant, a DataStreamX Company is a blockchain-based protocol that enables the access, creation, and distribution of data products and services with authenticity and provenance at its core. Quadrant enables data buyers, data sellers and data marketplaces to transact data using blockchain thereby creating an irrefutable proof of data ownership and authenticity.
DataStreamX is the creator and the first user of Quadrant Protocol. DataStreamX (DSX) has operated its data marketplace and data brokerage business since 2015. Its mission is to unleash the power of the data from the world by facilitating the transacting of data between buyers and sellers on its platform.
- Job Description
We are seeking for an enthusiastic and inquisitive team to join our growing organization. In this position you will be given many opportunities to pick up and learn about location data, get your hands dirty from working with location data and building, testing, learning and refining insights from location data. The more curious you are, the more you learn with us.
All this data must come from somewhere and go somewhere, right? In this role, you will also be exposed to how a data transaction platform operates. You’ll be working closely with all facets of the team and learning about the overall data economy with us.
Duties and Responsibilities
· The intern will work with the core team to learn technologies like AWS that are used to handle Big Data.
· The intern will be provided with business questions and location data to perform data cleaning, location analysis/visualisation and report in detail to the core team.
· The intern will also work closely with the marketing team to articulate data use cases on how data can be used or commoditized.
· Brainstorming with the core team on how to provide real-time data services to the clients.
· The intern will work with the core team to deploy real-time analytics services using big data technologies.
· Periodic reporting or presentation to the core team on learning points while performing real-time analytics.
· Develop detailed project plans, timelines, and work flows to ensure timely completion.
Take ownership and perform ad-hoc analysis tasks.
· Direct interaction and learning from the CEO and core team.
· Learning to perform analysis on real-time Big Data (not on a 50 row flower datasets).
· Learning the Big Data stack architecture, data monetization and business model of a data marketplace.
· We encourage the intern’s creativity and his/her feedbacks during the internship tenure will be valued.
· During the tenure, the intern will also be learning the basics of blockchain and how blockchain can aid data industry.
· Free flow of coke, coffee and bagels.
Requirements and Qualifications
· 1-2 years of work experience preferably in the data analytics or data science industry.
· Proficient computer skills and flexible in coding. Coding background in Python or R is a plus.
· Creative data visualisation skills.
· Excellent reporting and verbal communication skills.
· Passionate to learn new technologies and come up with creative ideas.
· Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
800 - 1500 SGD
- Please apply for this position by attaching your resume.