A professional accounting and consultancy firm comprising of qualified and experienced personnel with extensive experience. We keep ourselves abreast of current developments in business and market information relevant to accounting to meet the needs of both individuals and corporations.
We provide assurance, tax and advisory services to private and public companies.
Overview of a liquidation
Liquidation is a process where the company’s assets are seized and realised, with the resulting proceeds used to pay off its debts and liabilities.
Any surplus is then distributed among the contributories of the company according to their rights and interests, or otherwise dealt with as the constitution of the company directs.
Upon the completion of the liquidation, the company goes into dissolution and it ceases to exist.
The purposes of a liquidation are:
- to ensure a just distribution of the company’s assets among creditors and contributories
- to terminate the company’s existence by its eventual dissolution
You are required to:
· Assist in the day to day administration of insolvency engagements
· Liaise with various stakeholders such as creditors and regulatory bodies relevant to the insolvency engagements
· Support the Liquidator in his investigation into the affairs of wound-up companies and the recovery of assets for distribution