We are an online bakery, with a studio located at Tai Seng.
We pride ourselves in producing delicious and great looking cakes and pastries, focusing on buttercream cakes, fondant decorations, macarons and other desserts.
We welcome interns who have a can-do and great learning attitude, who have some experience in baking and cake decorating.
Part Time Baking Assistant
Being a part of our team, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the baking process:
- Preparation of cakes and desserts to ensure product quality is maintained
- Able to prepare buttercream and any other desserts as required
- Meticulous in following recipes to minimise wastage
- Able to torte and crumb coat cakes; Frosting whole cakes in clean finish is a bonus
- Packing of cakes and any other dessert items
- Simple cleaning duties to ensure that hygiene standards are maintained
- Any other ad-hoc duties as requested
Ideally, the candidate should have at least 6 mths experience in:
- Baking, frosting and cake decorating
- Simple fondant decorations
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsible, with a positive learning attitude
- Strong work ethics
- Ability to work accurately in fast-pace environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as being a team player
- An eye for detail
- Poly/Uni students with relevant experience welcome
- Food handler certification
Salary will commensurate according to experience. Please send in your resume and portfolio.
Job Type: Part-time; Min commitment 2 days a week, including at least 1 weekend
Salary: $6 - $10/hour
Only experienced need apply. Local interns only.