Omnistream is a industry-leading retail data analytics company, working with the world's biggest retailers such as 711 and Watsons to deliver various solutions such as product assortment optimisation and driving retailers' customer lifetime value, thus improving overall profits in the long run. We are a venture-backed (Capitaland), self-funding startup that is growing faster than we can manage. We have been feature in several publications, such as Techinasia and The Business Times.
Omnistream is looking for data science interns to work with the data/ engineering team for existing and upcoming customer projects which include some of the largest retailers in the SEA region. Not only will you be working with the data/ engineering team, you will also learn more about business development and operations in a company. We are a lean, multi-cultural team with industry experts whom you will learn from and work with.
- Conduct data analysis/ queries using SQL and Python
- Provide data visualisations using tools like Powerbi/ Python
- Able to spot patterns and trends in data
- Collaborate with data engineers, product managers, and the operation team to provide statistics or business data that can help to drive business insights
- Ability and aptitude to learn new things and be an active team member
- Major in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Analytics or related field
- Able to work with a large amount of data meticulously
- Familiar with at least one programming/scripting language, preferably SQL or Python
- Experience in data analysis and data collection preferred
- Highly motivated and independent
- You work on weekend projects for fun
Selected candidates will be required to complete a short coding assessment
Time period: 6 months full-time preferred with priority given to candidates looking to continue with a full-time role after the internship period
Only Singaporeans/ PR may apply
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.