Sports+Travel Singapore and Sports+Travel Hong Kong have been sharing adventure travel inspirations since 2005, sharing our travels, tips, and news with readers who share our itchy feet and a thirst for life. Our travels often take us off the beaten path, away from the madding crowd (although sometimes we plow right into it depending on the festivity). It is our hope that we can continue to provide you with inspiration for your next destination, whether you’re a traveler, adventurer, photographer or a nomad.
At a glance
See Distribution Location: throughout CBD (shopping/eating/biz areas)
Frequency: Every 2 months
Target audience: 18-60s, PMEBs, DINKs, uni students
Your internship with Sports+Travel magazine will be focused on the editorial aspect of the business. Your job will mainly entail you to write for the magazine, however, you will also be required to contribute to planning the editorial calendar and advertorial campaigns. This will provide you with an understanding and practice for different writing styles such as business and publication writing, as well as learning how to plan an editorial line up.
Main Job Tasks
Print Writing: Research and write long-form travel or sports-related stories that will be printed in the magazine (500-2000 words)
Assist in planning the editorial calendar: Researching and choosing destinations related to the issue topic that will be covered in the magazine
Advertorial campaign assistant: To assist in forming editorial marketing campaigns for clients. This will involve picking topics within their specifications and writing or planning the campaign.
You must have the below qualities:
- Comprehensive understanding of the English language both verbal and written, as well as proficient grammatical skills.
- Be familiar with current events and news within Singapore and globally
- Have knowledge and enthusiasm for the travel and adventure sport industry
- A positive attitude and desire to learn about the publishing industry
- A recent graduate or university student; final year poly grads will also be considered