The National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre (NVPC) is the steward of the City of Good vision for Singapore, where individuals, organisations, and leaders come together to give their best for others. Through our brands, programmes, and initiatives, we facilitate partnerships with non-profits, organisations, public sector bodies, and individuals to enliven the giving ecosystem within Singapore. We invite you to join us in building a #CityofGood together
Transform Singapore into a Giving Nation through developing insights to inspire action via meaningful, impact-driven research. We seek motivated candidates with the passion to make this happen, where the ability to make a difference at national level is a reward in itself, with meaningful work at the intersection of non-profit, public and private sectors.
You will be supporting the Knowledge and Insights team with national-level research on volunteerism, philanthropy and other forms of giving. You will be analysing data and trends to inform and influence key stakeholders. In particular, you will be supporting the assigned Project Leads on various ongoing research:
- Primary (Quantitative) research projects, such as large-scale landscape studies on giving behaviour and attitudes among individuals and corporates
- Futures and Translational Research projects, such as understanding how COVID is shaping future giving landscape and scenario planning exercises
- Foundational pieces such as documenting existing research, data gathering and data entry, and assisting with Knowledge & Insights database management
- Update and maintain intel database on various COVID-related groups and topics (such as Migrant Workers, Low Income, Mental Health) through data entry and data verification
- Conduct secondary research, literature reviews and/or policy reviews
- Conducting fieldwork (either in-house, or through market research agency)
- Data cleaning, analysis and interpretation of data
- Developing reports to make recommendations for internal and external audiences to inform strategy and enhance practices
- Penultimate or Final Year students in Psychology, Sociology, Geography, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Business or other related fields.
- Have extensive primary and secondary research experience (those with academic publication is preferred).
- Proficient in SPSS or other research software.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Curiosity and interest in looking for data and statistics that creates value.
- Ability to sense-making and draw lateral connection across a large volume of data.
- A keen interest in social issues and/or non-profit space.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Self-starter, independent, possesses a high degree of discipline and commitment.