A global company with a distinctively French identity, Motul remains true to its roots while looking towards the future.
1966 was the hallmark year in Motul’s pursuit of invention with the Century 2100 creation, the inaugural semi synthetic oil, hailed by the whole automotive sphere as the industry’s next catalyst to high performance. Inspired by Motul’s 300 victories in competition and enabled by this semi synthetic technology predecessor, the 300V was then born in 1971, becoming the very first fully synthetic oil on the worldwide market. Using today’s technology, 300V is considered as the reference in motorsports.
Today, Motul continues to power forward its automotive and industrial competences. The company’s expertise is thus present throughout the most important stages of creation of an engine: from the very first moment when a complex component is casted in a casting machine, to the moment it is drilled and processed in a sophisticated computer controlled machine tool. MotulTech addresses specific industrial constraints with high proficiency and innovative solutions. In the automotive industry that specific complex component is assembled into a state-of-the-art engine and subsequently installed into its final home in a vehicle. Engines are then filled with the best of Motul, inspired by the 300V essence tested in the most demanding laboratories that exist - race tracks.
From its headquarters just outside of Paris, and outposts in all corners of the globe, Motul employs the same ideology everywhere: passion for ingenuity. This passion, which unites lovers of engineering to their machinery is the same passion that unites Motul’s People. Continuously crafting new solutions, ingenuity is at the heart of Motul’s culture.
Leading automotive lubricant company looking for an Engineering student with an interest in Supply Chain and logistics projects. This role will be responsible for planning as well as enabling the Supply Chain team to support day-to-day operations under the guidance of an assigned mentor. He/she will also work on improvement projects/ideas and further support other ongoing supply chain projects. The role requires an individual who is passionate, proactive and analytical.
Area of Responsibility
• Develop an understanding of the company's operations and parlayed it into day to day activities
• Review the order taking and delivery to customers and analyze service level
• Analyze the RCA of failures and recommend improvement opportunities
• Review logistics shipments from France and Vietnam to customers and understand the INCOTERMS
• Analyze and recommend broad based innovative improvement initiatives with a focus on eliminating root causes of recurring issues which leads to driving down costs and/or improving service
• Work on a project to automate the logistics cost optimization working with GoCoMet and 3PL service providers
• Work with ViLube Supply Chain Team to look at COGS cost reduction working on labels localization and other opportunities
• Interface with BU Supply Chain teams in the process of creating and implementing cost savings measures and a dashboard of the annualized savings
• Provide support in preparation of Business Case Presentation and Project / Prepare weekly / monthly data for analysis and improvement purpose (cost savings)
• Management. E.g. Monthly Logistics costs allocation analysis
• Participate in problem solving on abnormality in Operational KPIs and Master parameters and values. E.g. Sales Forecast Accuracy, Inventory levels and tracking
• Provide general administration support to the department
• Currently pursuing a degree in a local university, with good academic exposure/performance to Supply Chain.
• Possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Good interpersonal, communication skills as well as leadership qualities
• Good stakeholder and change management skills
• Have a career interest in supply chain management
• Are open to learning and exploring a variety of procurement/ supply chain business areas
• Value teamwork, diversity and integrity