MindFlex Education Pte. Ltd. is Singapore's #1 provider for all home-related tuition services in Singapore.
- We seek to provide meaningful & fulfilling internships for University & Polytechnic students.
- Office culture is fun, young & encouraging. We take our work, as well as our fun seriously.
- We provide full-time job opportunities for interns who have excelled in their internship.
- Enjoy a modern office environment with exciting facilities, such as a PS5, Pool Table, Karaoke Set & more.
- Close-knit team of 15-20 pax, strictly no office politics, no over-time culture.
Find out more about us at: https://singaporetuitionteachers.com
Web Developer Intern Roles and Responsibilities:
- Spearhead App Creation on iOS and Android platforms for company's new business developments
- Creation of new PHP & Database systems for projects to be included in company's workflow.
- Review company's existing PHP and other process systems to improve UI/UX for both internal and external users.
- Review and improve company's current cronjobs and APIs for both internal and external software.
- Spearhead development of new landing pages for company's website on WordPress platform, with usage of HTML & CSS code involved.
- Ensure that new landing pages are moved from development phase to production phase smoothly, and are both desktop & mobile friendly.
- Modify and improve current landing pages for company's website, with the addition of new functionalities.
- Data mining of websites and database for information to be used in company's IT projects.
Learning Outcomes & Objectives:
- Intern will gain valuable first-hand experience of creating new website landing pages from scratch in a professional setting.
- Intern will be exposed to the movement of IT projects from development phase to production phase in a systematic & meticulous manner.
- Intern will learn how to manage expectations of different stakeholders, in particular balancing between "design wants" of the company and limitations of existing web platforms, such as WordPress.
- Intern will gain insights on mining data content and using it for real-life application purposes
- Intern will be able to review and suggest opinions on how certain UI/UX interfaces of the company can be improved, and carry out plans for improvement
- Intern will also be able to review codes and script written by previous developers; learning from examples and improvement on existing code
- Has to be a current University Undergraduate in a computing-related course
- Possess some previous experience with website designing / programming
- A good team player who is able to communicate effectively with various internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to think critically and be able to suggest possible improvements to existing company software systems
- Possess adequate problem-solving skills to tackle day-to-day issues independently
Working Hours, Location & Remuneration:
- 5 Days Work Week, Weekdays 9.00am - 6.30pm
- Midview City (Sin Ming Lane)
- Closest MRTs: Bishan / Marymount
- Allowance: $1,000 - $1,200/Month (University)
- Interns will also be given several days of paid leave (depending on period of internship)
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.