Lufthansa Cargo’s regional headquarter in Singapore is responsible for managing the Region Asia-Pacific (SIN F/XA-H), which includes China, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia – a large and culturally diverse area. The suitable candidate will be placed in Singapore within the Regional Production Team.
The Regional Production Team is responsible for the air cargo handling/production processes in the region. With an experienced & diverse team, our mission is to provide widespread operational support, guidance and service to our colleagues in Asia-Pacific. We raise and coordinate local needs from the stations to/with the worldwide headquarter and at the same time facilitate the global process owner in the implementation and adherence to global processes and standards.
We are looking for an intern to join and support our Regional Production Team in Singapore preferably on 16th March 2020 to September 2020 (6 months).
You will be assigned the following tasks:
- Organization and execution of your own projects in operations/ground handling (warehouse and aircraft)
- Takeover of responsibility in providing regular operational reporting
- Development of concepts and reports, supporting the individual team members
- Preparation of presentations for Senior Management
- Support in the organization of events and trainings
- Ad hoc tasks
- At the date of the internship you have completed the 3rd semester of (Air) Transport Engineering, Aviation Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Economics, Natural Sciences or a comparable study
- Preferably some practical working experience in the aviation environment, and/or genuine interest in aviation and/or air cargo
- Quick and resourceful, sense of responsibility and ability to work independently and with a high degree of accuracy and self-organization
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills, an eye for details and strong conceptual thinking
- Ability to familiarize quickly with new tasks
- Motivation to work efficiently in a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with high degree of intercultural awareness and cultural sensitivity
- Advanced MS Office skills - especially in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, VBA is an advantage
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English required
- Applicable for Singaporeans and Foreign students eligible on Work Holiday Pass