For more than a century, we have devoted our energy and our competencies solely to one business: beauty. It is a business rich in meaning, as it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others.
Beauty is a language.
L’Oréal has set itself the mission of offering all women and men worldwide the best of cosmetics innovation in terms of quality, efficacy and safety. By meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world.
Beauty is universal.
Since its creation by a researcher, the group has been pushing back the frontiers of knowledge. Its unique Research arm enables it to continually explore new territories and invent the products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over.
Beauty is a science.
Providing access to products that enhance well-being, mobilizing its innovative strength to preserve the beauty of the planet and supporting local communities. These are exacting challenges, which are a source of inspiration and creativity for L’Oréal.
Beauty is a commitment.
By drawing on the diversity of its teams, and the richness and the complementarity of its brand portfolio, L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come.
L’Oréal, offering beauty for all.
R&I Business Development Intern
As the world’s #1 Beauty Company, L’Oréalites are entrepreneurs driven by passion and ambition. We look for new ways to do things better, to leave a greater impact. We test and learn, try and try till we succeed.
Lead the change you want to see | Game-changers and trendsetters
DID YOU KNOW?
L’Oréal was recognised as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the 10th year in 2019!
During your internship, you will get involved with the inner workings of a successful, market-leading Beauty company, as you collaborate and learn from some of the most passionate, intelligent and creative people. One L'Oréalite can create a huge impact, and it’s no different with our interns. Many of our leaders are L’Oréal babies who had started with us as Interns and progressed to Management Trainees.
Internship Period: Jul 2019 – Jan 2020 (6 months)
How can you contribute?
Are you excited about latest technology solutions? Are you often curious to find out more regarding tech start-ups in the biomedical field?
We are looking to hire a Business Development Intern for our Research & Innovation team (R&I) based in Singapore's international research and development centre for biomedical sciences, Biopolis, to navigate and scout the universe of technology developers for the most promising solutions that meet industry needs.
- Participate in the development of collaboration structures and business models of innovation projects
- Conduct market intelligence regarding start-ups, innovations, and venture capital investments in the APAC region
- Research on emerging technology in start-up companies pertaining to medical application and personalized beauty
- Identify opportunities and connect with potential innovation partners or start-ups
- Conduct market research to provide recommendations and assist in the drafting of proposals
- Provide administrative support to business development
- Open innovation initiatives and activities
The ideal candidate should have:
- Background and interest in technology-related fields such as Engineering, Life Sciences, Chemistry & Biomedical Sciences
- Passion for spotting new opportunities in the commercial world
- Keen interest in biomedical technology in daily life
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented, able to take initiative and has strong follow-up skills
- Outgoing personality, high energy, strong communication skills
- Independent worker and able to deliver within tight timelines