Kiasu Foodies is currently a 36,000 strong Telegram channel and a 800 strong Facebook Community. We have worked with companies such as SingSaver, 7-Eleven, The Entertainer, Shopback and Singapore Data Science Academy. We have also been featured on Shopee and Seedly.
The problem: The food deals market in Singapore is saturated (lots of restaurants giving out lots of deals/promotions) and often misleading (restaurants promising discounts that are too-good-to-be-true and often come with many pre-requisites or caveats). There is a burden on consumers to filter through the noise in order to find deals that are truly good and actionable.
On the other side of the coin, many small restaurants waste time creating social media pages and crafting content that goes out to a dismal and irrelevant audience. They simply don’t know how to market themselves. The irony is that these restaurants are also those that are actually willing to provide good and actionable deals in return for increased traffic. Unlike bigger and more established F&B Chains, smaller restaurants also tend to benefit more from increased marketing.
We want to match the demand of people who want good deals to the supply of restaurants willing to provide said deals for increased traffic and we aim to do this through 2 fronts, Technology provided by us and a Community powered by users.
Projection: We believe that the same can be done for countless of other verticals, such as the Airline Industry (flight deals are really hot as well), Technology (think Cyber Monday), Fashion (Black Friday), etc. Essentially, we aim to be the Slickdeals of Singapore and subsequently South East Asia.
We recently won a $10,000 grant from NUS Enterprise and are eager to build out our MVP, push out a series of features and hit our milestones - we are urgently looking for passionate individuals to join us in our journey to be the best food-deals aggregator in Singapore.
The Day-to-day Activities:
- Managing marketing operations and ad-spend, through all digital marketing channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Emails, Google Adsense/Adwords & Telegram
- Maintaining the Editorial Calendar
- Marketing Performance
- Perform Data
Analysis on marketing campaigns and sense-make results to provide actionable recommendations aligned with goals
- ROI, Churn, CLV, CPL, CAC
- Open Rates, CTR
- Perform Data Analysis on marketing campaigns and sense-make results to provide actionable recommendations aligned with goals
research on competitors and market trends
- Optimizing the Marketing Funnel
- Creating the Product Value Curve
- Recommending Pricing Strategies
- Recommending Referral Campaigns
- Champion SEO/SEM efforts
- Long-tail and short-tail Keyword Bidding
- Google Keyword Planner
- Optimizing Landing pages
- HTML, Meta Description, Backlinks, Mobile-optimization
- Take ownership of user-research and beta-testing
- Forming a Beta-user community
- Measuring NPS & Product-Market Fit
- Reach out to a spectrum of F&B merchants across Singapore for exclusive deals
- Manage inbound leads and handle inquiries
- Clear communicator and writer
- Effective negotiator with strong people skills
- Familiarity with the different aspects of digital marketing, including but not limited to Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Content Creation, Market/User research, SEO/SEM, Copywriting, A/B Testing.
- Familiarity with Telegram Channels in Singapore
- Prior BD experience - confident in working with external F&B vendors/merchants
- Foodie at heart, familiar with the F&B landscape in Singapore
- Kiasu-ness is in your blood, you know what deals make people tick - and what don’t
- Open communicator - you speak your mind
- Experience with commonly used marketing, advertising, and data collection/analysis software such as MailChimp/HubSpot/Marketo/Eloqua, SurveyMonkey/TypeForm, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Keyword Planner, Google Trends, Google Alerts, Hunter, Ahrefs, Facebook Pixel/Ad Manager, Facebook Audience insights, Instagram Ad Manager, Buffer/Hootsuite, MixPanel/KissMetrics, etc.
- Experience with collaborative tools such as Slack, Trello, AirTable, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with graphic design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, Canva, etc.
- Start-up experience appreciated