177 River Valley Road
Liang Court, Level 5
We are a premium educational consultancy in Singapore; our mission is to help students fulfil their educational goals. We equip students to excel in their subjects in school, on those big exams, and in the process of entering a world-class university. We are committed to building the skills that make big dreams a reality.
For more information, please visit: http://ivyprep.com.sg/
Help us shape the future of the students at IvyPrep, the nationally-recognized gateway to top-tier international universities.
Who We're Looking For
You are a lifelong learner who excelled in your studies, and you are now passionate about shaping young minds and inspiring world-changers. You are a confident communicator, naturally curious about the English language, global affairs, and current events, and enthusiastic about passing these same characteristics on to the next generation.
In a nutshell, you would thrive on helping students in Singapore become world-ready individuals.
Responsibilities and Expectations
New teachers at IvyPrep take charge of their responsibilities from the get-go.
● Teach fun, creative, academically rigorous and inspiring English classes that run throughout the academic year.
● Develop curriculum for English around the themes of Politics, Philosophy, Economics, Big Business, Finance and National Identity, acquainting young students with key issues that inspire global awareness and critical thinking.
● Connect well with students and parents
● Degree from a reputable local or overseas university
● Coursework in any field, including but not limited to English, History, Political Science, Philosophy, Geography, Sociology, Law, Communication, Education
● History of experience that highlights superb written and verbal language skills
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work well independently and in a team environment, and the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks within demanding deadlines
● Strong grades for English and/or other writing-intensive subjects at O-Level, A-Level, International Baccalaureate or equivalent exams/certifications at the high school level
Building a Talented Teaching Team
We're constantly seeking to attract the next generation of dynamic and passionate teachers. At IvyPrep, you will work with graduates from local and top-tier overseas universities who share your same passion in teaching and academic pursuits. In the challenging process of bringing out the best in each student, we find the best brought out in us as well.
At IvyPrep, we believe that there is no magic and there are no substitutes for hard work. Tips and tricks will never replace real content knowledge. As such, the courses we teach here are built around a content-heavy curriculum, with professional insights and analysis to bridge the gap between Singapore's curriculum and the intellectual rigour expected at the Ivy League universities and at other world-renowned institutions of higher learning . We provide the methods, but ultimately each teacher decides how to teach particular problems based on his or her own experience and beliefs about what is most effective.
By engaging students in our curriculum uniquely designed for the dreamers and high-achievers, we work to produce a generation of students well poised to take on the world.
Good Working Hours
At IvyPrep, we value your personal time.
The happiest and most effective teachers often have a favorable work-life balance. We believe that teachers perform best only when they have sufficient time to prepare for their lessons.
Professional Compensation Benchmarks + Career Progression
● Highly competitive starting salary
● Post-probation salary increment
● Higher starting salaries can be considered and will commensurate with relevant experience and interview performance.
- Competitive base salary
- Performance bonus and medical coverage
- Strong potential for growth and leadership opportunities
- Talented hires are groomed for higher management in business development
Teachers may not be in it for the money, but it certainly can’t hurt. IvyPrep’s salary compensation for full-time teachers is among the best in Singapore’s private education industry. We also give additional end-of-year bonuses that grow with your tenure and other factors.
At IvyPrep, a passionate and inventive team works together to provide the best educational service that far exceeds expectations. We work hard together, but we play hard, too, and we certainly celebrate hard when our students achieve success.