- Henkel APAC Supply Chain Pte Ltd
- Digital Purchasing Intern
- Date Listed
- 28 Nov 2018
- Job Type
- Internship / Contract ( Entry Level / Junior Executive )
- Job Period
- From Jan 2019, For At Least 3 Months
- Location Name
460 Alexandra Road, #11-01, PSA Building, Singapore 119963
- Allowance /
- $1,000 - 2,000 monthly
- Information Technology
- Company Profile
Henkel operates globally with a well-balanced and diversified portfolio. The company holds leading positions with its three business units in both industrial and consumer businesses thanks to strong brands, innovations and technologies. Henkel Adhesive Technologies isthe global leader in the adhesives market – across all industry segments worldwide. In its Laundry & Home Care and Beauty Care businesses, Henkel holds leading positions in many markets and categories around the world.
Founded in 1876, Henkel looks back on more than 140 years of success. In 2017, Henkel reported sales of 20 billion euros and adjusted operating profit of around 3.5 billion euros. Combined sales of the respective top brands of the three business units – Loctite, Schwarzkopf and Persil – amounted to 6.4 billion euros. Henkel employs more than 53,000 people globally – a passionate and highly diverse team, united by a strong company culture, a common purpose to create sustainable value, and shared values. As a recognized leader in sustainability, Henkel holds top positions in many international indices and rankings. Henkel’s preferred shares are listed in the German stock index DAX. For more information, please visit www.henkel.com.
- Job Description
Digital Purchasing Intern
- Henkel is a German multinational company with leading positions in its three business units, Detergent, Cosmetic and Adhesives incl. both industrial and consumer businesses.
- Henkel Adhesive Technologies is the global leader in the adhesives market – across all industry segments.
- Henkel Adhesive department tackles a very diversified market and thus manages a large portfolio.
- Packaging complexity is impacting our sourcing attractiveness and our productivity level
Within the regional purchasing department:
- To gain knowledge of purchasing packaging data,
- To collect, understand and document customer and stakeholder’s business requirements.
- To convert business requirements into technical solution design to handle packaging data.
- To develop/ adapt current excel based tools using programming to allow purchasing organization to gain better insight, that will turn in efficiency gain/ savings, through better data presentation or visualization.
Ambition / Deliverables
- To develop a simple tool capable to visualize potential opportunities for packaging and to capture feedback with stakeholders.
Who we are looking for
• bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related fields of study
• Analytically strong and team-oriented, with an international mindset
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Data and statistics knowledge a plus