Empact was established in November 2011. We empower non-profit organisations and social enterprises (social organisations) by providing them access to affordable and professional services that are critical to their daily operations.
Through us, we allow individuals, corporations, tertiary institutions and associations to volunteer their time and skills for these social organisations. We manage and interface with these social organisations so that the volunteers can focus on contributing their skills and expertise. It is with this philosophy, that we were awarded the New Initiative Grant by the National Volunteer and Philanthropy Centre (NVPC) in March 2012.
By tapping on our network, we are also able to work with grantmakers in the community to channel their funds to social organisations and causes that best meet their objectives.
Empact is seeking an intern to join our Advisory and Corporate Volunteering team. The intern would work together with other consultants on multiple projects concurrently, to service stakeholders such as social enterprises and non-profit organisations (referred to collectively as social organisations) clients, corporate clients, government partners and volunteers.
The individual would provide support for projects, and would also:
- perform desktop research and literature reviews to develop evidence-based solutions
- prepare presentations and tools for effective stakeholder communication
- assist in quantitative and qualitative data collection, transcription and analysis for program evaluation
- prepare minutes of meeting and accompanying reports to monitor project status for stakeholder relations
- assist in organising corporate volunteering events, as required by the projects
Empact being a fast-growing social enterprise, this is truly an opportunity for individuals who are motivated to exercise and stretch their different skill sets and gain professional development. The intern can expect to gain insights from his assigned mentor and contribute his passion by being responsible for an internal organisational development project. The ability to innovate, find creative solutions to unprecedented client needs, and tap on a broad knowledge base, are key to excelling in this role.
The intern is required to:
- commit full time or part-time (minimally 3 full work days on fixed days of the week) for a minimum period of 3 months (starting November)
- possess keen interest in designing and implementing community programs, designing training and developmental programs, research and evaluation of social impact or general consulting / advisory work
- be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (especially PowerPoint and Excel). A good understanding of other software for developing business presentations, photo and video edits, and statistical analysis packages (e.g. SPSS) would be considered favorably
- be comfortable as an independent worker, and communicate with team members
Period required: to start earliest in October, for at least 3 months