DFS stands for Duty Free Shoppers and we are the world’s leading luxury travel retailer. Established in Hong Kong in 1960, DFS Group continues to be a pioneer in global luxury travel retail, offering its customers a carefully curated selection of exceptional products from over the world. The Group is privately held and majority owned by the world’s largest luxury conglomerate Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH), alongside DFS co-founder and shareholder Robert Miller. DFS Group employs over 9,000 people focused on creating inspiring retail experiences for its customers. In 2018, nearly 164 million travelers visited DFS stores. DFS is headquartered in Hong Kong and has offices in Australia, Cambodia, China, France, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Macau, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, United States of America and Vietnam. The Global Finance functions are situated right here in Singapore.
- Month end closing of books for financial and management reporting
- Preparation of Journal entries for accurate financial reporting
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Following up on outstanding issues and issues resolution
- Preparation of standard operating procedures where required
- To work closely with Division and address group queries
- Participate in ME group reporting to LVMH via consolidation & reporting tool
- Assist with preparation of Group Statutory Financial Statements including liaising with external auditors
- Assist with set up of data governance process for enterprise resource planning for statutory and management reporting purposes
- Participate in design of Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Participate in compliance and controls enhancement activities such as segregation of duties matrix, working with IT on access framework & finance initiatives
- Research and address technical queries in relation to General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Accountancy with Honours or equivalent from a renowned university
- Recent graduates
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentations skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a cross-functional team
- Abilty to manage ambiguity and complexity.
- Ability to extract critical data and generate actionable insights
- Strong business acumen
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Related Company Review:
Related Job Searches:
DFS Venture (Singapore) Pte Ltd
Finance #SGUnitedTraineeships (Controller / Group Reporting)
Accounting / Auditing / Taxation
Retail / eCommerce