DataKrew is like a doctor for infrastructural assets and processes – securely monitoring their health and performance. We develop and deploy secure and robust multi-sensor wireless IoT devices to gather real-time data from factories, hospitals, homes and smart city installations. Our devices and software suite are suited for condition monitoring, diagnostics and automation. The DataKrew Suite enables asset tracking, condition monitoring, energy management, predictive maintenance, resource planning, capacity utilisation, process optimisation, performance warnings, decision insights, digital twin visualisation, etc. Our team has over twenty years of experience in the IoT, AI and cybersecurity space, and we transform domain know-how and expertise into value-driven products for our customers
We are looking for IoT engineering interns who will work on developing IoT products and solutions for our customers in the domains of smart-city, smart-industry and smart-agriculture. The work includes interfacing industrial IoT sensors with edge devices such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Intel Edison, etc, with communication protocol such as WiFi, BLE or NB-IoT to form a connected IoT network with a cloud server backend. Our team will support the candidate by providing insight into the different types of IoT sensors and the interfacing protocols. We will also provide exposure of industrial projects and on-site deployment experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Embedded C/Arduino/Micropython software/firmware development
- Work on modern technologies (ARM, WiFi, BLE, IoT, NB-IoT, LoRaWAN etc.)
- Analyzing & understanding project specifications for industrial applications.
- Firmware testing, debugging, documentation & troubleshooting of IoT sensors and embedded systems.
- Electronic product design and certification of the end-product.
- PCB Design (should have experience with multilayer design)
- 3D CAD design (optional) of product
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience in Embedded Systems firmware/software development.
- Good knowledge of IoT sensors, PCB design, hardware design & troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with interfacing various on-chip and off-chip peripherals like LCD displays, keypads, UART, SPI, I2C, ADC, timers, interrupts, GPIO etc.
- Familiar with wiring & interfacing protocols such as RS232, RS485, etc.
- Aware of IoT standards and communication protocols like MQTT, HTTPs, CoAP etc.
- Experience in prototyping boards e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Edison, NodeMCU etc.
- Must be able to work independently or in group & take up project driven responsibilities.
- Written and verbal communications skills in English
Good to have, but not mandatory:
- Familiarity and experience with industrial protocols such as Modbus, Canbus, Profibus, Ethernet, etc.
- Familiarity with industrial systems like SCADA, PLC, DCS, etc.
- Experience with communications protocols such as WiFi, Zigbee, BLE, NB-IoT, Sigfox, LORA, WAN, etc.
- Experience with electronic product design and 3D CAD design.
Please note, salary will be commensurate with experience and time commitment towards the job.