Founded during the era when Singapore was starting its foothold as an artistic force in Fine Arts, Y2ARTS Gallery offered a non-discriminatory space for innovative artists to present their artistic view and creations to the world. Since 2008, Y2ARTS has expanded on this vision, refined its focus, and introduced numerous pivotal curatorial initiatives and partnerships. During the period in the late 2000’s which saw the emergence of many new and young local collectors, Y2ARTS promoted a global outlook to this group, as well as initiating enticing visuals to excite season collectors. This approach has dovetailed with an incisive three-tiered focus: working with local artists, both established and emerging; artists that are willing to challenge the norms with new and independent production and thinking; and international artists who engage the observers with their own unique dialogue of heritage and culture. This has profoundly stimulated the tastes and sophistication of art collectors, and over this decade, the gallery is proud to serve numerous collectors from around the globe.
Y2ARTS gallery is housed at a large space that not only serves as a great avenue to display their brilliant collections of works, but also provides a perfect curatorial platform for experimentation and exhibition-opportunity that aims at containing an aesthetic of change and disruption; such as interspersing art exhibitions with human technology and scientific installations.
Y2ARTS has represented artists who have defined the landscape of contemporary art, such as Zi Peng, Tan Suz Chiang, Ocean Wang, etc.; while at the same time mentored younger and less-established artists. The development of artists’ careers is also a crucial component of the gallery’s mission.
Contemporary Art Coaching
Based in a leading contemporary art gallery located at Henderson Road, Singapore (just beside Bukit Merah Central), we provide an artistic community and environment for you to indulge in. Be surrounded by original artworks, alongside access to our humble, but substantial library to inspire you in your creation.
We are seeking for passionate and dedicated individuals to join our expanding team. The internship will offer exposure to both arms of the company; art gallery and education. Possibility of full-time employment will be offered depending on individual performance.
- Enjoy working with children, teens and adults
- Passionate about sharing and teaching visual arts
- Good command in English
- Confident and enjoy talking to people
- Teaching: Communication of concepts; Demonstrations; Sharing knowledge of contemporary art practices; Creative Lesson planning
- Gallery: Includes research, conceptualisation, write-ups, installation planning, design, social media and website content creation
- Basic housekeeping to make sure the space is neat and presentable
- Ensure proper upkeep of materials
- Installation of works
- Will require at least a 3 months commitment period
- Must be able to work on both Weekends
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and skills pertaining to art practices
- Knowledge and skills pertaining to online maintenance and management
Working days: 5 days week, including Saturday and Sunday
- Wednesday: 10.30am – 6.30pm
- Thursday: 10.30am – 6.30pm
- Friday: 10.30am – 6.30pm
- Saturday: 10.30am – 6.30pm
- Sunday: 10.30am – 6.30pm
Aspiring artists welcomed!
[CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE WORK PASSES NEED NOT APPLY]
Please email us the following
- Art Portfolio
- Your current photo
- Facebook / Instagram link