Established in 1940s, Chung Hwa Food Industries Pte Ltd (CH) was incorporated to manufacture and distribute soya sauces, largely the dark and light sauces to Singapore market, under the “China Map” logo to signify the origin of the founding members.
We aim to leverage on the integrity of Singapore’s reputation of its food regulations and standards, by using Singapore as a platform to underscore our brands in manufacturing, trading as well as OEM products. CH seeks to grow rapidly and steadily on a sustainable basis by capitalizing on the rising economies in the Asia region by collaborating with strategic partners to jointly address the growing demands of Greater China and ASEAN, so as to elevate CH’s capacities and capabilities into an SME with a regional focus.
We are looking for a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staff, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, learn more about bookkeeping software, and assist with other accounting activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To be a strong candidate for an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
Accounting Intern Responsibilities:
- Shadowing their allocated upper study as they perform their duties.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Working with bookkeeping software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
Accounting Intern Requirements:
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.