We are a local womenswear brand that has an online and offline presence.
Chello Singapore is looking to hire a Fashion Designer with panache and flair to capture the mood on the street in our ready-to-wear line. The Fashion Designer will keep an eye on the street, travel to shows and read fashion magazines to spot trends and interpret specific color palettes, patterns and prints for each season. You will sketch your designs by hand, create technical production drawings and address buyers as a seasoned marketer.
Singaporean Females are preferred. Foreigners or working pass holders need not apply.
- Managing design process from conception through to final styling.
- Conducting market research to identify new trends, fabrics and techniques, and seeking design inspiration.
- Collaborating with team members to select seasonal themes, make edits to line, and create new concepts.
- Ensuring product is in agreement with business strategy.
- Selecting fabrics and trims.
- Creating production sketches for development packages.
- Collaborating with technical designer to ensure development packages are accurate.
- Reviewing product for style and fit during presentation.
- Presenting story, mood, color boards, and samples to buyers.
- Bachelors degree in design or fine arts, or college degree in fashion design or related field.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator.
- Ability to do sketches by hand.
- Excellent design and conceptual skills.
- Excellent sense of style and color.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to converse and write fluently in English and Chinese.
This is a full time position for 5 days in a week, from 11am - 8pm. Your remuneration will vary with your current job experience.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.