Bandwagon is a leading independent music media company in Southeast Asia. Our vision is to be the trusted voice for music in the region and to inspire by spreading good music - one story, one song, and one show at a time.
At Bandwagon, you will have a rare, accelerated and in-depth learning experience about the music industry. Being one of the few music media brands in the region gives us the opportunity to interface with a wide variety of stakeholders, labels, concert promoters, artists, venues, and fans. Being part of the Bandwagon team, you will be expected to learn fast, think smart, and challenge yourself to do work that has an outward impact on the music industry.
For this role, we are looking for a driven go-getter who loves music and writing news that matters to music lovers in the region. The candidate should also be organised and meticulous, and always ready and on-the-ball.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- Working at a progressive, digitally-led business
- Working for a company with a regional footprint
- Creating impactful editorial music content for Singapore and the region
- Develop content for digital and social channels
- Coordinate with artists, management, labels, promoters for content creation
- Craft questions for interviews and conduct interviews
- Plan and execute editorial calendar
- Create longer form editorial pieces (e.g. op-eds and lists)
- Generate and execute editorial concepts
- Conceptualise and craft branded content articles for clients
- Strategise and achieve editorial targets with the team
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English is a MUST (spoken and written), Mandarin is an advantage
- Strong problem-solving and time management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Quick to take action and pays high attention to detail
- Be able to take direction and readily attend to edits and suggestions
- Be open to covering all music content, regardless of genre and language
- Passion: We want you to come in to work excited about being here!
- Position is based in Singapore