At Austen Maritime Services our values: People, Customers, Safety & Quality and Assurance are the foundation of our day to day work.
Our Vision: To be the customer's first choice and long-term partner in the maritime community.
Our Mission: To deliver personalised and high-quality marine services to protect our customers' assets and contribute to their success.
Join us on board for a “See (sea) to believe” experience at Austen, where we pride ourselves in delivering sustainable outcomes for our onshore and offshore clients.
So Aye Aye intern! – In your “See(sea) to believe” journey at Austen, you will be applying your accounting knowledge to steer yourself into a professional finance/accounting direction.
- To enter and post sales invoices in the accounting system within the same working day.
- Responsible for generating sales invoices after matching against our Sales Order, customers’ Purchase Order and posted shipment in system.
- Follow up on invoice discrepancies with Operations and Key Accounts Personnel.
- Maintain individual accounts receivables subledger accounts and make adjustment whenever necessary.
- Reconcile accounts receivable subledger to general ledger account.
- Generate shipped not invoiced report on a weekly basis and follow up to ensure they are invoiced as soon as possible.
- Generate credit notes to customers for goods return, damaged goods or wrong billing etc.
- Review detailed accounts receivable aged report weekly to identify long outstanding entries and resolve them.
- Posted receipts in accounting system and generate receipt vouchers.
- Update manual record of cash collected from vessels after posting receipt in system.
- Prepare and submit weekly the invoicing KPI report to management.
- Perform any other duties or projects as requested by the superior.
- Diploma level in Finance or Business related fields.
- MS-Office and Outlook skills.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in a diverse and multicultural environment
- Highly organized and structured with strong level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Problem solving and analytical skills, coupled with demonstrated ability to work to tight and conflicting deadlines
Location: 30 Pandan Road