Aural-Aid is an architectural acoustics company that focusses on consultancy, testing and project management. Since founded in 2013, it has grown steadily to take on various notable projects while keeping true to the founding ethos of Aural-Aid - to nurture a dynamic and learning culture so that it can keep up with industry and technological demands effectively.
Interns will be mentored by the Director to assist in product development. They will be exposed to an organised approach to product design, modification and manufacturing.
Moving beyond traditional design methods, interns will also join our team to achieve radical design outcomes via parametric thinking. They will take on an organised method to conceptualise their design directions, ideate and produce designs incorporated into modules of flat-pack acoustic products and large scale interior installation.
(1) Design Ideation
- Students will propose their approach to parametric design (e.g. shape tessellation, biomimicry)
- Using Rhino/Grasshopper (and other plugins), students will translate their ideas into CAD.
- Students will translate their CAD into individual subcomponents for:
1. organisation of design details and pieces
2. production and installation of individual subcomponents
(1) CAD drawings
(2) Design cut sheets
(Preferred) AutoCAD, Rhinoceros, Grasshopper, SketchUp, V-Ray, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML