748A North Bridge Road
Aidha is an award-winning charity with Institution of Public Character status that is dedicated to the economic empowerment of low income women. Its mission is to help low income women and foreign domestic workers in Singapore to build 'sustainable futures through financial education'. Aidha has a unique holistic approach to financial education and provides training in money management, computer skills, communication, leadership and entrepreneurship. Started under the auspices of UNIFEM Singapore (now UN Women Singapore), Aidha became an organisation in its own right in 2006 and has taught over 4,000 women since.
Aidha aims to impact the lives of more domestic helpers in Singapore. Our objective in the next two years is to empower and impact more women and their families. In order to do so, we would like to expand our student base, building on our progress, and raise awareness about our programmes.
Aidha is looking for an intern to contribute to its marketing and communications initiatives, assist with the organisation of outreach events and conduct market research to understand better its audiences (domestic helpers and their employers).
Responsibilities and duties (in collaboration with the Aidha team):
- Help to analyse the impact of our marketing initiatives (website traffic via google analytics, SEM, reports on our FB activities and campaigns).
- Conduct and coordinate market research and surveys to understand better our audiences (foreign domestic workers and employers).
- Map and source information on potential relevant partners (companies dealing with FDWs, embassies, churches, mosques, other non-profit organization, chambers of commerce, clubs, relevant organisations in Indonesia, Philippines, etc.)
- Help to update and clean the prospective students database, contribute to analyse the profiles of our students and their employers.
- Contribute to the implementation of the CRM tool
- Gather, sort and select pictures of students, Alumni and events.
- Gather, sort and select relevant quotes/ stories from students, mentors and employers to create a quote library. Coordinate with students, volunteers and employers to get new quotes/ testimonials.
- Gather, sort and select relevant videos and update Aidha’s YouTube channel. Contribute to create new videos to promote Aidha’s programmes and activities.
- Assist the team with the organisation of outreach events or other events on campus
- Background in marketing and/ or communications
- Strong writing English and good communication skills
- Detailed oriented
- Proactive and able to multi-task
- Dependability, professional
- Pleasant manner and flexible