99.co is a powerful map-based property search engine that utilises smart algorithms to provide housing renters, buyers, and property agents alike a fast, transparent, and efficient property search experience. Our mission is to make the entire experience of finding, moving into and living in a new place seamless and hassle-free, while keeping living in a new city what it should be - fun and enriching.
Being the fastest growing property tech portal in South Asia, our goal is to empower people to search for a home they will love. Founded by one of the best engineering teams in Singapore, it is currently headquartered and operational in the Lion City. Our investors include Sequoia Capital and Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin.
We are a diverse organisation of people who are passionate about taking the real estate industry properly to the next stage in technology. We are also powered by a deep seated desire to be better than we were yesterday, so that we can continue to serve our readership better!
Hence, we are looking for a Content Intern to share his/her content producing prowess with 99.co. This intern will assist our content team to generate buzz-worthy articles, uncover new content angles, and repackage existing content to drive sustainable readership about property - an important topic that concerns people of all walks of life.
We are looking at you if you are someone that is:
- Experience writing online articles; preferably have a writing portfolio (including any school assignments, news articles)
- A consummate story-teller and adapt wordsmith who thrives in a startup environment
- Basic understanding of news-writing principles
- Able to suggest story angles and pursue them to completion
- Willingness to work with tight deadlines
- Enthusiastic about working on property or property-related content
- Willingness to learn and do, multi-task, and be a self-starter
- Familiarity with WordPress, MailChimp and Buffer is preferred, but not a must
- Experience with SEO or video content creation is a bonus!
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist the Content team in generating original content for the blog and other channels when required
- Breath life into old/existing articles and repurpose them for relevancy and clarity
- Ensure that the content is search engine optimised
- Assist in production and dissemination of the 99.co email newsletters
- Conduct face to face interviews and craft compelling stories for our readers
- Conduct research for our content articles and consumer marketing initiatives where needed