- Operations Intern
- Date Listed
- 17 Jul 2017
- Job Type
- Internship / Contract and Full-time / Permanent ( Entry Level / Junior Executive )
- Job Period
- Immediate Start, For At Least 3 Months
- Central Region (Non Town)
- Allowance /
- $500 - 2,000 monthly
- Communications / Customer Service / Support, Logistic / Supply Chain / Transportation, and Manufacturing / Production / Operations
- Information Technology
- Company Profile
igloohome is a start-up that has created a smart lock and smart lockbox which allow home or property owners to grant access to their property remotely, via a mobile app. igloohome is ventured funded by Singapore Telecommunications Ltd, Asia’s leading communications brand, and other investors across USA and Singapore, and is a portfolio company of DreamIt Ventures, a leading start-up accelerator in USA. igloohome is also a partner of Airbnb.
We are looking for highly passionate and motivated individuals who are interested to join a dynamic and fast growing start-up. You will work closely with the founding team as we go to market. If building things and changing the world excite you, joining igloohome is for you.
- Job Description
The Operations Intern will be an integral part of igloohome’s support structure for its customers. Your primary focus will be to help to provide excellent customer service both remotely and on-site, ensuring a smooth operational flow within the company and providing assistance to the Director of Operations in handling daily workflow. You will support supply chain management and product management as well in this role. This role may require you to travel occasionally. This position is convertible to full time, depending on job performance.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the Operations Director to support B2C and B2B operations in Singapore and other countries
- Answering customers on various support channels (e.g. phone, email)
- Providing on-site technical assistance to customers
- Assisting in the preparation and/or updating of materials for customer on-boarding and support
- Administrative and ad-hoc duties
- Supporting igloohome's participation at events/roadshows
- Starting and being in charge of adhoc projects (e.g. development of operational processes)
- Exceptional organisation, planning and administration skills.
- Highly computer literate: confident and proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Self-motivated, punctual, reliable, able to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent written and spoken (face to face and phone) communication skills in English and Mandarin.
- Ability to show initiative in developing the role and to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexibly in a small team, building strong day-to-day relationships with colleagues
- Able to manage a varied workload, balancing scheduled tasks with requests for assistance from the team, which may have short deadlines
- Commitment to equal opportunities policies and practices, and the promotion of equalities
- Optional: Programming skills or basic understanding of programming is a plus
Please apply for this position by submitting your text CV to with the subject "(Your name) wants to be an Operations Intern at igloohome!".
In your email, kindly state your earliest available start date.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Submission through