- Goru App @ StarHub
- Business Development, Growth Marketing and Product Intrapreneur
- Date Listed
- 20 Mar 2017
- Job Type
- Internship / Contract ( Entry Level / Junior Executive )
- Job Period
- From Jun 2017 - Dec 2017
67 Ubi Avenue 1, #05-01 StarHub Green, Singapore, 408942
- Allowance /
- $1,000 monthly
- (All Inclusive / General)
- (All Inclusive / General)
- Company Profile
What is Goru?
Goru is an independently branded travel app by StarHub. Goru, a brainchild of intrapreneurs in StarHub, is a travel buddy that provides data connectivity, ticketing, booking services and recommendations on-the-go to travellers. We have exciting plans to expand our repertoire of features and take it to the region!
Who will you be working with?
"Hello,my name is Galven and I lead the Goru team! I believe in maintaining an open and nurturing environment, focusing on the holistic development of all my interns as we ideate, execute and share about work / life together.
While skills and past experience are plus points (but not necessary), the following attributes are more important to me: positive energy, spirituality or a passion for life and creating meaningful products; integrity and a willingness to work closely / transparently as a team; savviness to define your own path / methods to achieve the outcomes we set. Please feel free to be yourself and we will get along very well together."
- Job Description
- Build an amazing product with best-in-class User Experience through user research, brainstorming, prototyping and testing in order to meet the needs of Free, Independent Travellers (FITs).
- Make strategic improvements and pivots to our app in order to facilitate the successful launch of Goru in various cities across Asia. This will include tailoring our app to the region-specific needs of our expanding user base.
- You will meet and work with travel and hospitality players, regional telcos and tech companies to develop and execute strategic partnerships to target inbound tourists to Singapore.
- Curate travel content - events, restaurants, travel guides, tourist attractions - in the App to meet the needs of travellers for useful, on-the-go content.
- Conduct growth hacking experiments and constantly optimise digital assets for quality conversions. Create and execute marketing campaigns based on insights gleaned from said experiments to drive organic and paid growth online.
- Coordinate App Development, testing and feature integrations with technical teams based across Asia Pacific.
The candidate that they would like to add to their team:
You get relationships
- You understand that relationships are about win-win – finding common ground to collaborate and not compete with industry partners. Nothing is impossible as you navigate roadblocks and bureaucracy to deliver partnerships with maximum value for both sides.
You love data
- You combine intuition with a love for meaningful customer data. You are willing to learn ‘growth hacking’ techniques and a culture of constant experimentation in order to achieve maximum impact with a lean marketing budget.
You are a design thinker
- You are empathetic to our users’ needs. Simplifying complex ideas and ideating holistic solutions are your strengths.You thrive on delivering delightful experiences to users and cannot settle for second best.
All majors and disciplines are welcome (I was a history student myself). Experience is valuable but not required.
Do I need prior experience? No. Case in point - Galven was a history graduate from NUS before taking the plunge into Goru.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume, and explain why you want to join to
Feel free to send in anything else that shows who you are, what you have done and / or what you love - this will definitely help!