About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
2022 – Intern – SC Ventures – Singapore
Technology today is enabling customers to connect directly without the need for financial intermediaries, and the impact of disruption is rapidly finding its way in. Once perceived in a negative context, disruption today is all about finding innovative technological solutions to problems and to reimagine the future. And in our case, to experiment paths and business models, even ones we have never ventured before. We are investing now to create optionality for the future, that’s why disrupting through digital is one of our strategic priorities at Standard Chartered Bank.
SC ventures at the Bank aims to enable and accelerate innovation by providing a safe space for different parts of the Bank, and external partners, to collaborate, explore and test solutions to solve real business problems of today, as well as the challenges of tomorrow.
About the programme
Our 10-week Global Internship Programme allows you to work directly on real world problems to hone your skills, create lasting relationships and learn about your strengths. The programme is intended to create a pipeline to our International Graduate Programme and other full-time roles.
What you’ll experience
- A 10-week structured Internship programme, that typically takes place April - August
- A country induction, formal welcome to the Bank and get to know your peers
- On-the-job learning
- Be paired with a ‘buddy’ from the International Graduate Programme, to set you up for success and provide insights into the International Graduate programme, fondly known as the IG Programme
Can I get onto a graduate role from the Internship Programme?
- High performing Interns will be eligible for placement on our International Graduate Programme
We have opportunities in:
- CCIB Client Coverage
- Financial Markets
- Digital Channels and Data Analytics
- Retail Banking
- Wealth Management
- SC Ventures
We’re interested in people with diverse backgrounds and encourage students from all degree disciplines to apply to our programmes.
For our Global Internship Programme, you must
- Be in your in your penultimate (second to last) year of study of your bachelor or post-graduate degree.
- Have the permanent legal right to work in the country you’re applying to, for the full duration of the internship.
- The Bank does not sponsor work permits for Internships.
- For UK and UAE, we accept applications from candidates requiring visa sponsorship, but priority will be given to nationals of the country in question.
- For US, we will consider students in their sophomore or junior year for our summer internship program.
- If you’re required to completed mandatory National or Military service after graduation, we will accept applications from final year students.
- All Interns participating in the Global Internship Programme will be evaluated during the 10th week of their internship.
- Evaluations will be used in our final recruitment decisions for the International Graduate Programme and other full-time roles, with an aim to provide an offer before the internship is completed.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Related Company Review:
Type: Investment Banking & Asset Management / Finance
Pros: Good platform. Friendly teammates. No hard selling required. Commission always paid.
Cons: Long working hours. Same culture for all banks you need to be target focus.