Since Guangdong was established in 1987, the company mainly deals with dried fruits, agricultural products, grain products, sauces, moon cake fillings and a wide variety of food products. They are a professional and experienced wholesaler and food supplier, supplying quality food to local retail shops and to the F&B industry.
The company has over 16,000 square feet of warehouse space that includes packaging department, a large cold storage room and also a logistics department. Guangdong has several well-known manufacturing partners in China supporting their constant growth. To push their house brand “JI XIANG”, a well-trained and experienced sales team who are familiar with the Singapore market and international trade, are here to provide you with the best service.
Guangdong believes in providing their customers with good food and quality services. They are optimistic towards their future developments and seek endless opportunities to work with companies locally and around the world.
- Responsible to carry out activities involved with procurement of goods from local vendors and manufacturers.
- Responsible for conferring with vendors to obtain product information such as price, availability and delivery schedule
- Selects products for purchase to ensure that inventory level is maintained sufficiently to meet demands
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price
- Prepares purchase orders
- Present to receive any orders, and verify that the correct items and amounts have been delivered
- Maintains procurement records such as new item listings, items purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories
- Arrange return of defective or unacceptable goods to vendors and issue Goods Return Note to process the return
- Administrative support to purchasing department
- Ad-hoc project or activities assigned
- Professional Certificate/Nitec, Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma
- 2 - 3 years of purchasing experience in similar industry (Food Services/ Food Manufacturing/ F&B)
- Strong product knowledge and sensitive to market trends
- Possess effective organisational and follow-up skills, problem solving and paying attention to detail
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills and able to interface with all levels, internally and externally, in a professional and responsive manner
- Proficiency in mandarin to liaise with mandarin speaking associates
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $2500 - $3000